If you have ever gotten a dental crown, you might remember a somewhat lengthy process that required you to visit your dentist multiple times. That traditional method of crown creation is effective, but it is also inconvenient. That is why our Muskegon practice has invested in CEREC same-day crown technology. In just a single visit to our office, you can undergo fast and seamless smile repair. Would you like to learn more about one-visit restorations? Continue reading below, and then call us when you are ready to book a consultation.
What Are CEREC Same-Day Dental Crowns?
Dental crowns are tooth-shaped caps that get placed over the entire portion of a tooth that is visible above the gumline. They can repair broken teeth, restoring their strength and function. Traditional crowns are fabricated via coordination with a dental laboratory, and they can be made out of a variety of materials.
CEREC crowns, on the other hand, are made right here in our office. We have advanced technology that can craft your crown out of high-quality ceramic while you wait. Therefore, the entire process is extremely efficient, and you will not have to worry about wearing a temporary crown or making multiple trips to visit us.
The Process of Getting a CEREC Same-Day Dental Crown
Here is an overview of the CEREC crown creation process:
- We prepare the tooth by removing a portion of its enamel. This ensures that the crown will fit well. We numb you for this portion of the treatment so you can remain comfortable.
- We use a high-tech scanner to capture a digital impression of the tooth and its surroundings.
- Using advanced software, your dentist uses the digital impression to design your crown.
- While you wait, our in-office milling machine creates your crown out of top-quality dental ceramic.
- Once your crown is ready, we verify that it meets our high quality standards before we permanently attach it to your tooth.
From beginning to end, the entire process takes just a few hours.
Benefits of CEREC Crowns vs. Traditional Crowns
CEREC crowns offer some remarkable benefits:
- You can avoid multiple trips to our office.
- No temporary crown. Temporary crowns are not as durable or beautiful as permanent ones.
- A CEREC crown is just as durable and strong as one made in a dental laboratory. With proper care, it could last for a decade or longer.
- Dental ceramic looks incredibly lifelike, so onlookers may never notice that you had to undergo some dental work.
- Easy maintenance. Caring for a CEREC crown requires many of the same best practices that are necessary for natural teeth.
- You can use a CEREC crown to eat virtually any food.
- CEREC crowns are priced comparably to ones made in a traditional laboratory.